- An Assessor has attended, what happens next?
We will provide a report to your insurance company who will determine if the damage is covered under your policy. If the repairs are approved, your insurance company will notify us and we will provide you with a scope of works for your review prior to commencing the repairs. This process generally takes 5-10 days.
- Why do I need to pay my excess to Rizon Building rather than my insurance company?
We have been requested to collect the excess on behalf of your insurance company prior to works commencing. This is standard practice.
- Repairs have commenced, who can I speak to regarding an update or issue?
Your Building Supervisor can be contacted directly on the details they have provided. If you have misplaced the contact details please call the office on 1300 474 966. Please have your job reference number to assist us in accessing your claim details (please do not call the original assessor once works have commenced).
- What if there is additional damage that has not been included on my scope of works?
Should you consider items have been excluded from the scope of works please note the items on the signed scope works when returning to Rizon. These additional items can be discussed with your Building Supervisor and if they are determined to be covered under your policy we will provide your insurance company with a variation to have these works included.
- I have received a scope of works, what do I need to do with the documents?
The scope of works outlines the approved repairs to be completed. Please review the scope of works and sign the last page of the document and return it to the address provided. You will also need to pay your excess prior to works commencing, this can be paid by cheque, direct deposit with the details provided with the scope of works or by credit card on our website.
- When will works commence at my property?
Once we have received your signed scope of works and excess a Building Supervisor will be allocated to your job and they will make contact with you to discuss the repairs. The Building Supervisor will be able to provide you with accurate repair timeframes and advise what trades will be attending site.
- How long will the repairs take?
The length of repairs will vary dependant on the availability of materials, trades and weather conditions. We will endeavour to complete the repairs as quickly as possible with limited disruption to you.
- I have already had an assessor attend, why is someone contacting me to come and do another report?
Our assessors are all qualified and well trained however, to ensure accurate information is being provided to your insurance comapny we do on occasions engage specialists to provide expert reports. For example a roofing contractor may be requested to provide a specialist roof report or a swimming pool contractor may be engaged to provide further details relating to the most appropriate repair method.
- What is an excess and why do I need to pay an excess?
An excess is the amount you have to pay for each incident when you make a claim. Depending on your insurance policy an excess payment may be applicable. This amount is determined when you begin your insurance cover.
- How do I pay my excess?
If an excess payment is applicable to your claim your excess needs to be paid before work commences. There are a number of ways that you can pay your excess. We accept cheque, credit card or EFT.
- Is Rizon a registered and qualified Builder?
Rizon is a registered domestic and commercial builder in Queensland and New South Wales.
- A building contract has been forwarded to me, why do I need to sign a contract when the insurance company is paying for work?
If works are approved it may be necessary for a contract to be signed between Rizon and you. This is a legal requirement and in each state contract requirements are different. These details will be confirmed with you should it be required.
- Why do I need to do maintenance work before my insurance repairs commence and are we able to assist with these maintenance repairs?
Maintenance relates to work that needs to be carried out by you to maintain the condition of the property. Maintenance is not covered under the insurance policy. In some cases Rizon will be able to assist you in carrying out maintenance repairs or find trades to do these repairs. You can discuss these repairs with our office.